Monday, August 30, 2010

The great sewing machine arrival

THE SEWING MACHINE FROM EBAY HAS ARRIVED!!!!

I still have no idea if it's any good, but the needle moves, the light turns on, the pedal works...all signs point to it having good potential. I'll know more once my coworker comes over to test it out...since she's knowledgeable about sewing and I am not.

But man oh man did it need a cleaning. I'm sure it could probably use a professional internal cleaning as well, but I took care of the external cleaning. It smelled like a mix between grandma, moth balls and an attic. You know exactly what smell I'm talking about. I used some Clorox wipes, a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and vinegar to get most of the easy to access crud out. It turned out great! The Magic Eraser is seriously an amazing product. It worked wonders. As for the professional cleaning, we'll see how my sewing progresses and if it turns into something I can see myself getting serious about, then I'll get it tuned up.

Sewing goal numero uno: Sew in a straight line. Potentially make cloth napkins. I'm trying to set goals that I have a chance of being successful at...otherwise there's a chance I might get frustrated. :)




All cleaned up!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment