Sunday, October 3, 2010

Old pictures and mason jars

When my parents came to visit, they dropped off a few boxes of what they like to call "my stuff." I prefer to call it "mementos of my youth that they saved over the years and don't know what to do with." I now have quite a collection pictures, awards, drawings, certificates, trophies, news clippings, etc. Great. More boxes of stuff that I feel obligated to keep.

But I do have to say that some of the pictures gave me a good laugh and inspired me to want to actually do something with them (at least for the moment). So I took a tip from Young House Love and A Beautiful Mess and used some mason jars to come up with a little display. I love the idea, but I'm not completely happy with the way I have them set up, so I need to work on that (and don't mind the inspirational quotes plastered to the fridge).




Here are some of the images up close (and some that aren't in the jars).

 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment