Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Adventures in sewing - reverse button showdown

I dismantled the sewing machine and showed the reverse button what's up!


Actually I researched the problem in a couple sewing forums and it sounded like the non-functioning reverse button could potentially be an easy problem to fix. They said to take off the bottom of the machine and you'd probably be able to see the problem. Well, that didn't work for me since the bottom of my machine doesn't seem to come off easily...I tried, believe me. My last hope was to take the side off.


It worked! With some poking, prodding, pulling, nudging, jiggling and a little drop of oil, I managed to bring the reverse button back to life. SUCCESS!

Now I feel like I'm ready (almost) to dive in and start the napkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment