Monday, September 6, 2010

Adventures in sewing - testing out the machine

Good news!!! My first purchase on eBay works...well...it sews...forward. I'm working on the whole not-sewing-backward issue. Sewing backward isn't ABSOLUTELY necessary, but it's darn nice since if you can sew backward, you don't have to pull out stitches and tie knots in the thread. Sigh. We'll see what happens. Adjusting the tension was a learning experience too. Who knew you could do that? Apparently my machine has some tension issues, but my coworker, Trish, managed to figure it out. There are sooooo many things that can be adjusted, tightened, loosened, nudged, etc. Wow. I have some seriously learning ahead of me.

Here are some stitches:


Here's some fabric (for who knows what):



Still no napkins. I'm working on the stitches first and figuring out how to get everything threaded properly (and it didn't help that I felt sick yesterday and woke up really sick today).

No comments:

Post a Comment