Saturday, September 11, 2010

Modern rosette wreath

I couldn’t write about this as soon as I made it (it was a gift), but I intended to post about it sooner. I made a wreath – yes, a wreath – a month or so ago as a housewarming gift for my ultra-fantastic friend, Jessica. I’m not really into wreaths since they remind me of my mom’s decorating tactics, but this wreath has a modern twist and it turned out great. I’m very proud of this little project.

I read about it on The Pretty Poppy. It’s very simple, yet very crisp and elegant.


(It would pop on a contrasting background, but I have limited contrasts in my very-eggshell-white apartment.)

The rosettes took WAY more time than I was planning on devoting to them, but I have extras left over and, of course, some crazy ideas whirling around in my head about what to do with them. Hopefully I’ll get around to this sooner rather than later, since I’ve recently discovered how important it is that I take the time to do projects like this – it vastly improves my well being.

Here are the basic supplies.


And miraculously, the felt turned into rosettes.


And more rosettes.


They were easy to make. Just trace a CD on a piece of felt, cut it out, then cut it into a spiral. To add some variety, cut the spirals in different sizes or, after you cut a full spiral, cut it in half. This will help you get tall, short, large and small rosettes. But keep in mind that it takes the good part of an afternoon/evening to cut everything out. I watched a lot of mindless TV during the creation of the rosettes (cough, cough…Jersey Shore).



My mother already requested one. Maybe for Christmas. I want to make some rosette artwork for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment