Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One of those days

When my alarm went off this morning I hit snooze and rolled over. At that point I realized my throat was killing me and I could hardly talk. Shortly after that the pup was in my face. It's important to note that she knows better than to wake me up, so her sticking her nose in my face was a little out of the ordinary. Then I realized it was awfully light outside. Uh oh. I looked at the clock again. Hmmm. It says it's around 6 a.m. I peeled myself out of bed and wandered into the kitchen. The time on the microwave and stove were flashing. Great. It was really around 7:15 a.m. So I'm sick and late to work, eh, not good, but I can deal with it. Then I'm parked on the highway around 8:15 a.m. PARKED. People, it's 8:15 a.m., aren't you all supposed to be at work? Needless to say, I didn't get to work until around 9 a.m. But I made it! I decided to make myself some tea. And it just got worse from there. I opened the drawer and pulled out a jacket I always keep in there and a bag of different teas. That's when I realized almost everything in my drawer had honey on it (the honey for my tea had leaked). So I cleaned it up only to find honey all over my pants. AWESOME. Should. Have. Stayed. In. Bed. My coworker, Jen, kindly got me some tea while I was busy cleaning. Then I had a conference call at 9:30 a.m. I tried to dial in and realized that my headset wasn't working and, oh, my phone didn't have a dial tone. AHH. One of those days.

But on the plus side, I had a gift certificate for Gap that I purchased on Groupon (if you don't know what this is, I highly recommend that you educate yourself immediately) and went shopping on my lunch hour. I found a cozy sweater and a cute blue top with button details on the shoulders.

I just got done making tabbouleh, answering e-mails and switching around my volunteer shift this weekend so I can watch the Buckeyes!!!! All-in-all the day got better, but it was touch-and-go for the first few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment