Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Art of Non-Conformity

I stumbled across this during one of my many link-to-link-to-link adventures. I believe I started on Amazon and read a review that led me to The Art of Non-Conformity by Chris Guillebeau. I haven't done much reading about it on the site or in the downloadable document, but it peaked my interest because he says the first thing you should know is this:

You don't have to live your life the way other people expect you too.

He talks about ruling the world, which is not in my five-year plan (Ha...Who am I kidding? I don't have a five-year plan. I take that back, my five-year plan is to figure out what I want to do with my life, but I guess that's more like a lifetime plan...at least for me.), but he also talks about being successful doing something you enjoy AND helping others. I'm a big proponent of helping others.

This has the potential to be a very inspirational read. I'm kind of excited about it! And if it totally fails my expectations, no big deal, that one quote was worth it.

(The parental unit is here for an extra-long weekend. I won't expose you to the details.)

No comments:

Post a Comment